Illuminating Serum is a unique pigment clarifying serum that addresses uneven production of melanin. A dynamic blend of Bearberry, Kojic, Salicylic, Azelaic and Fruit Acids synergistically targets areas of hyperpigmentation and acne-prone based scaring. Super antioxidant Ferulic Acid and peptide stabilized Vitamin C resist free radicals while encouraging collagen synthesis.Benefits:• Alpha...
• Alpha Arbutin (Bearberry) - Ten times more powerful than standardized arbutin. It is a natural brightening and lightening skin agent that addresses hyperpigmentation. It inhibits the body’s production of tyrosinase.
• Ferulic Acid - Is an antioxidant which neutralizes free radicals and helps to prevent damage to cells caused by ultraviolet light. Exposure to ultraviolet light actually increases the antioxidant potency of Ferulic Acid.
• Salicylic Acid – Is a ‘keratolytic’ as it breaks down and exfoliates dead skin cells. Salicylic acid unblocks pores as it penetrates the hair follicle. It is also beneficial for minor lightening of discoloration or hyperpigmentation.
• Kojic Acid - Is used as a skin toner and lightener. By inhibiting melanin production, it effectively helps to balance skin tones, fading dark spots and freckles caused by sun exposure, aging, and cutaneous hyperpigmentation.
• Azelaic Acid - Is a pharmaceutical anti-acne agent that provides antibacterial and comedolytic effects. It is effective against a number of skin conditions, from mild to moderate acne. It helps to stop the growth of skin bacteria that causes acne and keep the skin pores clean. Glycolic Acid - found in sugar cane, glycolic acid acts by dissolving the intercellular cement responsible for abnormal cell build-up. Improves skin hydration by enhanced moisture uptake as well as increased binding of water to the stratum corneum.